Author Notes: Leftover Halloween or V-day candy?! Make coooookieeees. —recordsintheden
cups AP flour
cup light brown sugar, packed
teaspoons baking soda
stick salted butter, room temp
tablespoon vanilla extract
chocolate truffles, roughly chopped. *I used See's Candies Peanut Butter Milk Chocolate Truffles and Caramel-Almond Milk Chocolate Truffles.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour and baking soda. Set aside. In a separate medium bowl or stand mixer, add the sugars and butter. If you don’t have a stand mixer, you can combine the butter and sugar with a fork or whisk. I alternatively use the vitamix on low with nice success. Once the butter and sugar are combined, add the egg and vanilla, and whisk or mix on low.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until combined (or vice versa depending on your machine of choice or lack thereof).
- Once you have the batter, add the chopped chocolate truffles until they are incorporated but some large chunks remain.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Use a spoon or small scoop to make ~18 golf ball-sized cookies. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour, up to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F/175 C. Line your baking sheets with parchment paper and place the cookies about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for ~15 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.