If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Elevate your chips and salsa game with this mouth-watering dip. The combination of cream cheese, salsa and lemon is the actual definition of salt, fat, acid and heat. It's one of the easiest, tastiest party recipes, particularly appropriate for football and/or summer parties.
I credit my fiend Jill with this classic. —JulieBee
Serves a crowd
- 1 packet bar cream cheese softened
- 1 Jar of medium to hot salsa
- 1-2 Lemons
- 2-3 pinches the freshest grated, course ground pepper
- You'll need a food processor. Add softened cream cheese, about 1/2 -3/4 jar of salsa, and the juice of 1-2 lemons. Blend until incorporated. Taste for lemon and salsa...add more of both if you like. Add some grindings of fresh pepper. DO NOT USE canned pepper.
- The mix will be very runny, but pour into serving dish, cover and refridgerate for at least an hour or two. It will solidify a bit. And the color will be a pretty salmon. When serving put a dollop of salsa and decoritive lemon wheel on top. I love Tostito's lime chips with this. This dip works just as well at an elegant wine and cheese cocktail hour as it would at a superbowl party.
More Great Recipes: