If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The New York Sour is a real looker, thanks to a small but dramatic pour of red wine. This yield one extremely lovely cocktail, with crimson bleeding through the pale drink. Red wine is the classic float for a New York sour, but ruby port works well, too. —Carey Jones
Food52 Review: This recipe will be featured in the story For a Not-too-Sweet Whiskey Sour, Make it at Home, sponsored by Bulleit. BULLEIT American Straight Rye Whiskey. 45% Alc/Vol. The Bulleit Distilling Co., Lawrenceburg, IN. —The Editors
Makes 1 cocktail
- 1.25 ounces Bulleit rye
- .75 ounces fresh lemon juice
- .5 ounces simple syrup*
- 1 egg white
- .25 ounces red wine or ruby port
- Combine ingredients other than red wine in cocktail shaker without ice. Shake hard, then add ice and shake again, until well-chilled. Strain into a rocks glass with fresh ice. Gently pour red wine on top.
- *To make the simple syrup: Dissolve 1 part sugar in 1 part hot water. Let cool before using.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
More Great Recipes: