If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: No bottled sour mix allowed! Just a great spirit, fresh lemon juice, and simple syrup. Here, Johnnie Walker Red Label adds a subtle, smoky flavor which balances out the bright citrus and adds just a touch of complexity—perfect for a version without egg white, on or off the rocks. Try changing up the bitters if you want to tweak the drink just a bit; orange, rhubarb, hopped grapefruit, even plum will all work well here. —Carey Jones
Food52 Review: This recipe is featured in the story For a Not-too-Sweet Whiskey Sour, Make it at Home, sponsored by Johnnie Walker. JOHNNIE WALKER RED LABEL Blended Scotch Whisky. 40% Alc/Vol. Imported by Diageo, Norwalk, CT. —The Editors
Makes 1 cocktail
- 1.5 ounces Johnnie Walker Red Label scotch
- .75 ounces fresh lemon juice
- .5 ounces simple syrup*
- 1 dash grapefruit bitters
- Lemon wheel or slice, for garnish
- Combine ingredients in cocktail shaker with ice and shake until well-chilled. Strain into a chilled coupe or serve over ice in a rocks glass. Garnish with a thin lemon wheel.
- *To make the simple syrup: Dissolve 1 part sugar in 1 part hot water. Let cool before using.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
More Great Recipes: