If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I know too many people that constantly skip breakfast. It’s comprehensible because sometimes we just miscalculate the amount of time we actually need in the morning or maybe some people just need to prioritize more sleep time. That’s why these granola bars are great: you can have them in the fridge waiting for you to grab one in the morning. —Lorena Salinas
Makes 8 bars
- 200 grams steel-cut oats
- 140 grams almonds
- 110 grams honey
- 60 grams unsalted butter
- 50 grams brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 90 grams raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Toast the oats in the oven at 180C for about 10min or until golden. Make sure to stir halfway through.
- Toast the almonds separately at the same temperature until fragrant.
- Put the honey, butter, brown sugar and vanilla essence in a pot over medium heat until the mix starts boiling.
- Add the rest of the ingredients off the heat in the pot and mix.
- Transfer to a mould lined with baking paper and press down hard. Take your time to do this because on it depends the stability of their shape afterwards.
- Let it cool down to room temperature and then take to the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- Take out using the baking paper and cut into bars.
- Wrap in baking paper and keep in the fridge.