If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The basic concept of sangria—wine, liquor, and a little fruit—is a great one, especially when it comes to entertaining. This bright, easy-drinking version isn’t overly sweet, thanks to the dry, slightly effervescent Portuguese white wine Vinho Verde (bonus: it’s inexpensive and widely available). While strawberry and mint is a favorite combo, the recipe is highly adaptable to your taste; use any kind of berries or fruit, from fresh raspberries and oranges slices to blueberries and peaches with a basil garnish. Make it the night before, and the fruit will steep into the drink as it sits, leaving you with a fruit-infused cocktail and booze-infused berries. What’s not to love?
To make simple syrup: combine one part sugar with one part hot water until the sugar is dissolved. Let cool before using.
This crowd-friendly cocktail was developed with our partner Smirnoff Red, White & Berry, a unique, citrus-berry flavored vodka—coming soon this spring.
Please drink responsibly. Smirnoff Red, White & Berry. Vodka infused with natural flavors. 30% Alc/Vol. The Sminoff Co., Norwalk, CT. —Food52
- 12 ounces light and dry white wine (we like Vinho Verde)
- 7.5 ounces Smirnoff Red, White & Berry vodka
- 3 ounces fresh lemon juice
- 1.5 ounces simple syrup
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- Mint sprigs, for garnish
- Combine all liquid ingredients in a large container and stir well to combine; then add strawberries. Cover and let rest in fridge overnight. To serve, ladle into ice-filled cups or wine glasses, and garnish each with a large mint sprig.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!