If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I always overdo it on the holidays and spend the first few months of the year craving light, refreshing meals to make up for it. This week cilantro was on my brain, and because of my deep love of Chipotle and Qdoba, I decided to remake their classic cilantro rice, but in a healthier way. And my Cilantro Lime Brown Rice recipe was born! —My Stir Crazy Kitchen
- 1 cup Uncooked Long-grain Brown Rice
- 1 teaspoon Butter
- 2 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 5 teaspoons Fresh Lime Juice, Divided
- 1 can (15 Oz. Size) Vegetable Broth
- 1 cup water
- 4 tablespoons Fresh Cilantro, Chopped
- In a saucepan add the rice, butter, garlic, 2 teaspoons of lime juice, broth and water; stir to combine.
- Bring the rice mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 40 minutes, until rice is tender.
- While rice is cooking, whisk the remaining 3 teaspoons (or 1 tablespoon) lime juice and cilantro together in a small bowl.
- When rice is ready, remove it from the heat and pour the lime/cilantro mixture over the rice, mixing it in as you fluff the rice. Serve immediately.