If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A soft, flavorful quick bread that's a touch more exciting than banana, but with the same ease. Garnish with sliced kiwis on top, if you'd like. —Miranda Keyes
Makes: 1 loaf
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 55 min
cups all-purpose flour
teaspoons baking powder
cup butter, melted and cooled
cup milk, divided
cup pureed kiwi fruit (about 4-5 kiwis)
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease and line a 9x5-inch loaf pan with a long strip parchment paper down the middle with overhanging sides.
- Prepare the kiwi puree by placing peeled kiwi fruit in a food processor or blender. Blitz until no large chunks remain and you have a puree. Measure out 3/4 cup and set aside. If there’s any remaining puree, use on top of porridge for breakfast or eat right then and there.
- In a small bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl or bowl of a stand mixer, beat together melted butter and sugar, about 1 minute. Beat in eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Beat mixture until pale in color, about 2 minutes.
- Add 1/2 of the flour mixture and mix until combined. Follow by adding 1/2 the of milk. Repeat with remaining flour and milk and mix just until combined. Using a spatula scrape down sides and mix well. Mix in kiwi puree.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and smooth top. Bake in the middle rack of the oven for 45-50 minutes or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let cool 5 minutes before removing loaf from pan. Loosen sides of pan with a knife if needed. Let cool completely on a wire rack before slicing.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!