If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Tell us about your recipe. —Grant Melton
Makes 2 dozen
- 12 pickled eggs
- 3/4 cup mayonaisse
- 2 tablespoons capers, in brine, drained
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives, plus more for garnish
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, cut into small pieces
- Cut the eggs in half, lengthwise. Remove the yolks to the bowl of a food processor and place the eggs onto a serving tray.
- To the food processor bowl with the yolks, add mayo, Dijon mustard, vinegar, prepared horseradish, salt, cayenne and capers. Puree the mixture until smooth, scraping down the sides of the halfway through. Once smooth, add the dill and chives and pulse just until combined.
- Put the filling into a piping bag or zip top bag. Snip the piping bag or zip top bag and squeeze the filling into the eggs. Top each with a small piece of smoked salmon and a garnish of some chives and dill.