If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper
- 1 pound thin-sliced boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 large portobello caps, sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat a large skillet to medium heat with the olive oil and 2 tablespoons of the butter. Use a fork to combine the flour in a shallow dish with 1/2 teaspoon pepper and 1 teaspoon salt.
- When the skillet is hot, dip each piece of chicken in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess. Place the pieces of chicken in the skillet and let them cook undisturbed for 4 minutes. When the chicken has a light brown crust on the bottom, flip the pieces and cook for 4 additional minutes on the second side or until the chicken is cooked through and both sides are light golden brown.
- When the chicken is cooked, remove to a plate or individual plates for serving. Add the mushrooms to the pan immediately and stir to wilt for about 3 minutes. Sprinkle the mushrooms with salt and add the remaining tablespoon of butter.
- When the mushrooms are brown and wilted add the cream to the skillet and turn the heat off. Stir gently to warm the cream, and add a few more pinches of salt and pepper to your preference. Serve the chicken with spoonfuls of creamy mushrooms. Enjoy!