If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe sounds foolishly simple, but something crazy happens when all the components come together. The sweet and salty vibes with the guilty pleasure marshmallows and crunchy salty artisan bread create something that sneaks up on you. You might think one bite will be enough, but it's not. Then again, when have peanut butter, bananas, chocolate, marshmallows, and bread been bad??? —Laura Dembowski
- 1/2 loaf crusty artisan bread, sliced thin
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 2 cups marshmallows, any variety
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup carob or cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. spread butter on one side of each piece of bread. Place half the pieces of bread buttered side down on a foil lined baking sheet. Spread peanut butter on top and then top with bananas and marshmallows.
- Stir together the coconut oil and carob or cocoa powder until a syrup if formed. You may need more oil or powder depending on the consistency. It should pour like pancake syrup. Drizzle over the sliders. Top with another slice of bread, butter side up.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until marshmallows have melted and bread is toasty. Serve immediately or store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Bananas or Plantains