If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: After living in Providence, RI for a few years, I really developed an appreciation for baked goods. Seeing as I am not really a sweets person, a savory quiche was right up my alley. Some of my favorites were from Seven Stars Bakery and Humble Pie Co. Here is my version of a Quiche Lorraine when I was too lazy to walk down the street to the bakery! It is very simple to make and the perfect cozy dish for breakfast, lunch, or dinner! —HealthTea
Makes 1 quiche
- 1 frozen pie crust (I use Whole Foods whole wheat crust)
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk or heavy cream (depending on how healthy you are trying to be...)
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 packet diced pancetta
- 2 sprigs green onion, whites and greens, chopped
- 1 handful shredded gruyere (or more if you're a cheese lover!)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees farenheit.
- Lightly blend your eggs in your favorite blender (nutribullet, food processer, etc.) with your milk or cream, salt and pepper (to taste), and nutmeg. I like to use a blender when "scrambling" my eggs because it perfectly mixes the yolk and egg whites (I hate when I am eating a quiche or scrambled eggs and I can see the separation of yolk and whites). Set aside.
- On the stovetop, cook your pancetta. I like it very crispy, but make sure to keep your eye on it as it can go from crispy to burnt in seconds. Once it is done, use a paper towel to soak up all the extra grease and fat from the pancetta.
- Toss your shredded gruyere in your frozen pie crust. Add your blended egg mixture, your pancetta, and the chopped white parts from your green onions. Keep your green parts for later.
- Put your quiche in the over for 20 to 25 minutes until it is set and browning on the top. Let it sit out for 5 minutes before slicing. This is the HARDEST part, but if you distract yourself, the 5 minutes will fly by.
- Slice your quiche in desired amount of pieces and top with the chopped green parts of your green onions.
- Enjoy by yourself or share with friends and family!