• 1 bottle of Santa Margherita Prosecco Superiore DOCG
• Simple Syrup
• 1 cup honey
• 3 cups water
• 2 whole pears, peeled, cored and diced
• 1 large piece of ginger, peeled and diced
• 20 fresh sage leaves (plus more for garnish)
1. In a saucepan combine the honey and water over medium heat and bring to a light boil. Turn the heat down to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the honey has dissolved completely. Add the pears, ginger and sage leaves.
2. Simmer, stirring occasionally until the mixture has reduced by 1/3 (about 15-20 minutes). Remove from heat and let the mixture steep for an additional 10 minutes.
3. Strain the syrup into a large canning jar or thick glass bowl. Discard the ginger and sage leaves.
4. Place a few pieces of the cooked pear into each stemless wine glass followed by 2 tbsps of the simple syrup. Add Santa Margherita Prosecco Superiore and serve.