If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If you would like to make something special out of an ordinary rice dish, here is a nice recipe. —Janneke Verheij
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cardamon pods
- 2 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 100 gram chopped pistachio nuts
- 1 onion
- 1 pinch saffron
- sun flower oil
- Cut the onion in half rings. Rinse the rice under water until the water coming out is clear.
- Warm a nice layer of sun flower oil in a heave based pan, put in the cardamom, cinnamon and cloves. Let the oil suck up the perfume of these spices for a minute or two. Add the onions and caramelize them until nice and brown.
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil; add the rice and the pinch of saffron, cook until done.
- Take out some onion of the pan to garnish. Take out the spices and add the rice to the pan with onions. Add some cut pistachio nuts and mix together well.
- Dispatch on a nice plate and top of with some caramelized onions and more nuts. Voila, a nice and easy version on perfumed rice.