If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This south Indian recipe is one of my family favorite. It is a spicy and dry side dish made by marinating chicken thighs in a green marinade and roasted along with caramelized onions in a Cast Iron Skillet. It is a quick and easy recipe.
Cilantro and black pepper combination is also a proven fast remedy for common cold.
This is one of my favorite ‘Go-to’ recipe to have during those cold rainy days. Best had along with Roti or Rice or even wrapped in a tortilla! —Jiya.A
pound Chicken thighs(cut into bite size pieces)
cup Chopped Cilantro
Black Pepper corns
teaspoon Cumin Seeds
teaspoon Garam Masala/ Indian All spice mix
Big Onion sliced
teaspoons Minced Ginger and garlic
tablespoons Extra virgin Olive oil
- For the Green Marinade-Grind together black pepper, cilantro, cumin seeds and green chilies to a coarse mixture(not too fine paste).
- Now marinate the chicken pieces in the green marinade along with some turmeric for about 20 mins or overnight.
- In a cast iron skillet, heat some oil and add, the minced ginger and garlic and curry leaves.Let the curry leaves splutter.
- Once the ginger and garlic get slightly browned, add the onion slices and sauté well.
- Add a pinch of salt to speed the browning of onions.
- Once the onions are well sautéed, add the marinated chicken pieces and mix well.
- Cover with a glass lid and cook for about 10 mins.
- Now remove the lid and let it cook. Keep stirring in between so that it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the skillet.
- Add little water if needed and cook dry like a stir-fry.
- Chicken pieces should turn slightly golden brown.
- Check salt in between and sprinkle gram masala towards the end.
- Serve hot garnished with chopped cilantro.