sheet ready-made puff pastry
cup brown sugar
cup pecans, chopped
tablespoons strawberry/raspberry jam your choice
cup mini chocolate chips
tablespoons orgainc sugar or sugar in the raw
ounces cream cheese, room temp.
egg beaten with 1 teaspoon water
- Thaw pastry to room temperature.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl mix together all ingredients except for the cream cheese jam, and egg/water.
- On a cookie sheet, place a piece of parchment paper and place puff pastry opened on top of paper.
- Spread the cream cheese down the center of the pastry then the jam on top of the cream cheese.
- Sprinkle mixture evenly on top of cream cheese & jam.
- With a scissor or knife, cut the dough on each side of the mixture on an angle about ½ inch apart.
- Braid it starting with the first strip and overlapping side to side on top of the mixture.
- Turn the ends under or press together with a fork to seal.
- Brush the pastry with the egg/water mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool for 15 minutes before cutting. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Non-Pie Thanksgiving Dessert