Author Notes: A healthy breakfast option and the best way to use those overripe brown bananas resting on your Kitchen counter.
Moist and healthy bread loaf. Instant pot-friendly recipe!! —Jiya.A
cups King Arthur Gluten free Flour(any brand of your choice)
cup Almond flour/meal
Over ripe bananas
Eggs(at room temp)
cup Medium Brown sugar
teaspoon Baking Soda
tablespoons Melted Butter/Veg oil
teaspoons Cinnamon powder
teaspoon Nutmeg powder
splash Vanilla extract
cup Sliced/slivered Almonds
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and prepare 1 large or 2 medium loaf pans.
- Mash the bananas in a bowl, until creamy.
- Sift together the dry ingredients- flours, spices, baking soda and baking powder and keep aside.
- In another large bowl, cream together butter and sugar along with eggs one at a time.
- Now mix in the mashed bananas and vanilla extract until well incorporated.
- Alternate between the flour mixture and buttermilk. Gently fold until well combined.
- Do not over mix, it can result in tough bread.
- Pour the batter into prepared pans and sprinkle some slivered almonds.
- If you are making in Instant Pot, pour 1 cup water into the inner pot and place a trivet. Foil wrap your loaf tin containing batter and use foil sling to lower on top of the trivet.
- Bake for 1 hour in oven/in IP, ‘pressure cook’ mode for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Instant Pot-Any time you want to check the doneness during cooking, use Quick Release option by turning the steam handle to venting position and open the lid.
- Take the bread out of the oven and cool for about 10 mins before slicing.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Bananas or Plantains