If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A healthy breakfast option and the best way to use those overripe brown bananas resting on your Kitchen counter.
Moist and healthy bread loaf. Instant pot-friendly recipe!! —Jiya.A
cups King Arthur Gluten free Flour(any brand of your choice)
cup Almond flour/meal
Over ripe bananas
Eggs(at room temp)
cup Medium Brown sugar
teaspoon Baking Soda
tablespoons Melted Butter/Veg oil
teaspoons Cinnamon powder
teaspoon Nutmeg powder
splash Vanilla extract
cup Sliced/slivered Almonds
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and prepare 1 large or 2 medium loaf pans.
- Mash the bananas in a bowl, until creamy.
- Sift together the dry ingredients- flours, spices, baking soda and baking powder and keep aside.
- In another large bowl, cream together butter and sugar along with eggs one at a time.
- Now mix in the mashed bananas and vanilla extract until well incorporated.
- Alternate between the flour mixture and buttermilk. Gently fold until well combined.
- Do not over mix, it can result in tough bread.
- Pour the batter into prepared pans and sprinkle some slivered almonds.
- If you are making in Instant Pot, pour 1 cup water into the inner pot and place a trivet. Foil wrap your loaf tin containing batter and use foil sling to lower on top of the trivet.
- Bake for 1 hour in oven/in IP, ‘pressure cook’ mode for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Instant Pot-Any time you want to check the doneness during cooking, use Quick Release option by turning the steam handle to venting position and open the lid.
- Take the bread out of the oven and cool for about 10 mins before slicing.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Bananas or Plantains