Author Notes: Super easy, gluten-free, kosher for passover recipe for Coconut Macaroons with Chocolate Drizzle —The Foodie Journey
teaspoon Vanilla Extract
tablespoons Brown Sugar
cups Shredded Coconut
cup Dark Cooking Chocolate
cup Soy Milk
- Turn your oven on 130°.
- Separate the Egg Whites and Yolks and place the Egg Whites in a large bowl.
- Add the Pinch of Salt and Vanilla Extract then start beating with a hand mixer. Gradually add the Sugar (one tablespoon at the time) as soon as the Egg Whites start to get foamy, while still beating the eggs. Keep beating until hard peaks form.
- Line a large flat tray with Baking Paper. Form small balls with your hands, using your palms to shape them. Alternatively, you can use a small ice cream scoop or tablespoon to form the balls. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the Macaroons turn golden then remove from the oven and let them rest until completely cool.
- In the meantime, place the Milk in a small pot on low heat and warm up the milk. Remove from the heat before it starts boiling.
- Place the Cooking Chocolate into a heat-proof bowl, then cover it with the warm milk and stir until completely melted.
- Let the Ganache cool down a bit as you do not want to use chocolate that is too warm; it could melt on the Macaroons as a result. Drizzle the chocolate over the Macaroons and let them rest until the Chocolate has set.