If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This happened by accident. The bananas were overripe, squishy and sweet, but not yet fully brown, so I brought them to a pizza making party. It turns out the mix of sweet banana, red onions, and shredded cheese is great when warm and bubbly on a pizza. A happy accident. —cookingwithleftovers
- 1 ball of pizza dough, store bought or homemade
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 overripe bananas
- 1/2 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1.5 cups shredded Gruyere cheese
- fresh cracked pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Roll out the pizza dough to a shape of your choosing. I like mine to be rectangular. Brush with the olive oil.
- Top your pizza with bananas, sliced red onion, and cheese. Your overripe bananas should be not yet fully brown but soft enough that they are spreadable. I spread mine out carefully on the dough with the back of a spoon, then sprinkle on the red onion and cheese.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 15-20 minutes, until the cheese is bubbly and the bottom crust is browned.
- Top with freshly cracked pepper. Enjoy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Bananas or Plantains