Author Notes: This happened by accident. The bananas were overripe, squishy and sweet, but not yet fully brown, so I brought them to a pizza making party. It turns out the mix of sweet banana, red onions, and shredded cheese is great when warm and bubbly on a pizza. A happy accident. —cookingwithleftovers
ball of pizza dough, store bought or homemade
tablespoon olive oil
large red onion, thinly sliced
cups shredded Gruyere cheese
fresh cracked pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Roll out the pizza dough to a shape of your choosing. I like mine to be rectangular. Brush with the olive oil.
- Top your pizza with bananas, sliced red onion, and cheese. Your overripe bananas should be not yet fully brown but soft enough that they are spreadable. I spread mine out carefully on the dough with the back of a spoon, then sprinkle on the red onion and cheese.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 15-20 minutes, until the cheese is bubbly and the bottom crust is browned.
- Top with freshly cracked pepper. Enjoy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Bananas or Plantains