This riff on Bananas Foster is sweet and a bit savory. Served warm over ice cream or just alone in a little cup – heaven! Created this one night when craving something sweet, but not overwhelmingly so. If you want to get fancy you can drizzle a bit more Grand Marnier or brandy over top, at end of cooking & flambé it. Also, its easy to make ahead and then heat up on the stove when ready serve. —coffeefoodwrite
- Prep time 10 minutes
- Cook time 7 minutes
- Serves 4
blackberries (organic if you can)
large banana (sliced in rounds)
salt (I used Maldon)
- Melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Add fruit, sugar and salt and saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add red wine and saute for about 2-3 more minutes or until reduces down and caramelizes a bit.
- Add Grand Marnier and reduce down again about 2 minutes more. At this point you can serve over ice cream or just plain in a little cup. But if you want to get fancy, you can drizzle more Grand Marnier on top and serve flaming into bowls filled with ice cream.
- Just a note: You can make this ahead and store it in the fridge until ready to serve. Just heat and serve. Or heat and flame and ladle.