If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Moms recipe has never failed. —A Himmelreich
Serves: 2 loaf pans
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 1 hrs
1 - 1/2
cups Mashed bananas
teaspoon Baking soda
cup Chopped nuts, I use walnuts
- Cream shortening & sugar.
- Add eggs & bananas. Beat well.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Then add dry ingredients alternating with milk to banana mixture.
- Add vanilla and nuts last. Mix well.
- Place into 2 greased loaf pans.
- Bake 350 degrees F for 45 min.
- Turn oven down to 325 degrees F and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Toothpick will come out clean when done.
- Cool in pans 10 minutes . After removal, place on cooling racks to fully cool.
- May brush with melted butter. May add 1/2 -1 cup chocolate chips to batter before baking.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Bananas or Plantains