Author Notes: Moms recipe has never failed. —A Himmelreich
Serves: 2 loaf pans
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 1 hrs
1 - 1/2
cups Mashed bananas
teaspoon Baking soda
cup Chopped nuts, I use walnuts
In This Recipe
- Cream shortening & sugar.
- Add eggs & bananas. Beat well.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Then add dry ingredients alternating with milk to banana mixture.
- Add vanilla and nuts last. Mix well.
- Place into 2 greased loaf pans.
- Bake 350 degrees F for 45 min.
- Turn oven down to 325 degrees F and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Toothpick will come out clean when done.
- Cool in pans 10 minutes . After removal, place on cooling racks to fully cool.
- May brush with melted butter. May add 1/2 -1 cup chocolate chips to batter before baking.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Bananas or Plantains