Author Notes: I adore baking banana bread and a marble loaf was a staple cake during my childhood so it was only a question of time before I started combining the two and create this Banana Marble Loaf. —Sophia R
Makes: 1 loaf
grams butter, melted
Juice of 1/2
grams plain flour
grams caster sugar
shot espresso (30ml)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and grease a loaf pan with butter and line with parchment paper.
- Add the peeled banana to a large bowl. Using an immersion blender, puree the banana until smooth. Whisk in the eggs one by one, followed by the melted butter and the lemon juice.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the baking soda, salt, sugar and flour. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir to combine.
- Divide the batter in two. Add the cacao and espresso to one half of the batter and whisk until just combined.
- Fill the batter into the prepared loaf pan alternating between the plain batter and the cacao batter. Once finished, use a fork to gently swirl the two batters together – this is what will give the finished cake a marbled pattern.
- Bake the loaf for about 1h or until a wooden skewer inserted into the centre of the loaf comes out clean.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Bananas or Plantains