After a lot of research for gluten free versions of these pockets of flavours, I decided to give it a try, using the traditional dumpling wrap recipe and sub'ing the GF flour. It turned out amazing!!! —juwu_eats
- Makes 16 dumplings
spinach, wilted, drained and chopped
mung bean sprout, wilted, drained and chopped
dried shiikate, hidrated, drained and chopped
chopped mushrooms ( I used cremini)
tamari soy sauce
cracked pepper to taste
- Dumpling wrappers
Gluten free flour (I used Schär bread mix)
In This Recipe
- For the filling, fry the finely chopped carrots, courgettes and shiitake with a bit of oil until slightly cooked. Take off the heat
- Combine the pan mix with all the other ingredients. Reserve
- Make the dough: in a bowl, combine flour, salt and boiling water with a fork. Once cold enough to touch roll the dough into a ball.
- Pinch small portions of the dough, about the size of a big grape (roughly 15g) and open into a circle with a rolling pin. Add flour if it starts sticking.
- Add about a tablespoon of filling for each wrapper. Damp the edges of the wrapper with water. Lift opposite sides of the circular wrapper and pinch them together. make 3 folds on each side of this pinch and close the dumpling. Repeat until the dough is finished.
- To cook them, add enough oil to cover the bottom of a non stick frying pan. Once warm, add the dumplings being careful with the hot oil. They will become golden at the bottom. at this point add water to cover the bottom of the pan (about 1/3 cup). Place a lid and cook on medium low heat until all the water is evaporated. Serve.
- Tips: Be careful not to overcrowd the pan. its ok for the dumplings to touch each other. I cook them in a 20in pan, 6 at a time.