Author Notes: Fresh, tangy, delectable. That is what I’ll say about a tasty shrimp salad!
We all know making salad is simple, but plain old salad can get boring sometimes. Don’t worry, with just a bite from this shrimp salad, you’ll fall in love with greens again!
Watch our tutorial video for Best-Ever Shrimp Salad Recipe
For more chicken recipes, please visit:
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/healthykitchen101/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/healthykitchen101/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/healthykitchen101/
—Healthy Kitchen 101
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 10 min
tablespoons white wine vinegar
tablespoons chili powder
tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
cups butterhead lettuce
sprig scallion, including top, thinly sliced
tablespoons chopped cilantro
pinch Pepper flakes or paprika
- Combine white wine vinegar, salt, chili powder and olive oil together in a small bowl and whisk them all up.
- Wash the lettuce carefully and tear them to medium-sized pieces. Get the avocados peeled and cut in slices, and grapefruits peeled and cut into segments.
- Boil the shrimps in preheat temperature until they turn opaque and pink. Remove them from the pot and chill.
- Toss the lettuce, cooked shrimps, avocados and grapefruits in the dressing that has been made at the first step.
- Assemble the salad in a large dish. Top it with scallion, cilantro or pepper flakes if you wish to.
- Notes - Shrimp salad is often served slightly chilled, but it’s all fine to keep the dish at room temperature too. - Once drizzled with the dressing, the salad should be served right after that to avoid the lettuce becoming too mushy.