Author Notes: A simple weeknight chicken dinner with a sticky-sweet honey garlic sauce. I like to serve this over greens mixed with rice or mashed sweet potatoes.
If you don't have an Instant Pot or slow cooker, just whisk the sauce together and coat the chicken with it. Nestle the chicken in an oven-proof skillet or Dutch oven and bake at 425° F for 20 minutes. —Posie (Harwood) Brien
Food52 Review: Featured in: 10 Instant Pot Chicken Recipes for Comforting Dinners All Week Long. —The Editors
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 3 hrs
pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
garlic cloves, minced
cup soy sauce (low sodium is ideal)
tablespoon apple cider vinegar
teaspoon dried oregano
tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- Mix together the minced garlic, honey, ketchup, soy sauce, vinegar, and oregano. Pour the mixture over the chicken and stir to coat it well.
- Add the chicken to a slow cooker or pressure cooker (like an Instant Pot). (If you don't have one, see the recipe note above).
- Seal and cook for 3 hours on high, if using a slow cooker, or 20 minutes at high pressure if using a pressure cooker, then release the pressure manually.
- Top with the sesame seeds and scallions for garnish.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!