- Serves 2
On a warm comforting day, we often sit back and start imagining that perfect pasta dish which we just want to dive into & enjoy the beauty of a humble preparation where mostly, its this perfect bowl of LINGUINE ( Similar to Spaghetti ) accompanied with delicious Pomodoro style tomato & basil chicken bolognese with just the right amount of wine to add depth of flavours.
Hence, this recipe is dedicated to all those hungry souls out there, who are willing to make some efforts for a perfect bowl of delicious pasta for themselves! Get up & start cooking you all! #Comfortfood —The Food Frame by Uday Malhotra
Garlic Cloves ( Finely Chopped)
Large Onion ( Finely Chopped)
Pomodoro Tomatoes Tin
Plum Tomatoes Tin
Black Pepper ( To Taste )
Salt ( To taste )
Linguine Pasta ( Barilla )
- Start by heating a non-stick pan with the olive oil and let it simmer. Once this is done, add the chopped garlic and let it cook on low flame. ( Cooking on low flame would extract sweet & intense flavours of the garlic, rather than fast cooking it which may turn bitter). Once they are cooked midway, add the onions and saute nicely. ( The onions must turn translucent and would look like a homogeneous mass when cooked together with the garlic.
- Next step in to blend the canned tomatoes in a mixer with the fresh basil and add this mix to the above. Once this is done, let this cook on low flame for the basil and garlic to shine through your sauce. ( You will notice that the oil would start coming on the surface after some while, which is the sign that the tomatoes are cooked perfectly ) .
- Next step is to add the chicken mince and cook it nicely in the sauce until you see the mass becoming white and soft. Add the salt and pepper & taste it to see how far you have reached.
- Once this is attained, you just need to deglaze the sauce with some red wine, pour it in and mix nicely. In about 5 mins exact, add the butter & parmesan cheese to finish it. Let this cook on slow for the perfect flavour profile.
- ( While your sauce would be on simmer, its wise to put your pasta to cook since it would take 7-8 mins for the perfect Al-dente texture )
- Take a bowl, swirl up your pasta with some hearty Pomodoro sauce and relish the humble flavours!