Makes: 2 cups
ounces milk chocolate
ounces unsalted butter
teaspoon cayenne (add up to 1/2 tsp. for more spice)
In This Recipe
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler or the microwave. Double Boiler: Place a glass or metal bowl over a saucepan of boiling water. Turn the heat to lowest setting and add chocolate that is chopped or in chips. Stir chocolate until fully melted. Microwave: Place chocolate in a bowl. Heat in increments of 30 seconds, stirring after each time, until the chocolate is melted.
- Add cream and butter to saucepan and place over medium-low heat. This will not take long; do not let the cream boil. Swirl until butter is fully melted. Take away from heat and add cayenne. Stir to make sure mix until it is fully incorporated.
- Get your bowl of melted chocolate and add the cream, butter, and cayenne mixture a 1/4 cup at a time. Fully incorporate the liquid before you add more. This take longer but ensures a nice emulsion and smoother ganache. You can use an immersion blender once you added more than half the liquid.
- Cover in plastic wrap place it in the refrigerator for a few hours. Once cooled, it can be piped ganache onto cakes or melt and drizzle over anything edible!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!