If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Collard greens are a staple of Brazilian cuisine, serving as base or accompaniment to many traditional dishes, from Caldo Verde to the traditional Feijoada.
This Bacon-y goodness is the perfect side to any dish! —Aline Shaw
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 10 min
bunch of collard greens, stems removed, thinly cut
thick strips of smoked bacon, diced
a large onion, diced
cloves of garlic, minced
tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium to high heat
- Add the bacon and cook until browned, about 3-4 mins
- Add the onions and cook until transparent, about 2 mins
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about a minute
- Reduce the heat and add the collard greens and toss gently until the greens wilt a little, about 2 minutes