If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Rich in Omega-3 fatty acids and fiber, this chutney makes for great accompaniment to any meal. This chutney is also good for seasoning sandwiches or possibly savory crepes as well. It is quick to make and stores well for a few days. —Priya Karmarkar
Makes: 1 cup chutney
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 15 min
cup flaxseed powder
cup grated coconut, fresh or dried
dry red chilies
tablespoons sesame seeds
tablespoons lemon juice
teaspoon black pepper powder
- Cut each clove of garlic lengthwise into 3-4 pieces. Heat about 1-2 tsp of oil in a pan. On a medium flame, fry garlic and dried red chillies until golden brown.
- Add shredded coconut and sesame seeds and fry until it gives a mild aroma of coconut and sesame. Keep stirring the mixture to avoid excessive and sudden browning/burning of the coconut.
- Turn the heat off and let the mixture cool for 5 minutes. Then mix in the flaxseed powder.
- Transfer the above mixture in a dish and set it aside to cool.
- When the mixture is cool, put it in a blender, add salt, sugar, black pepper powder, and lemon juice (adjust for taste) and blend everything to a coarse powder. If you like it fine, blend further.
- Store the chutney in an airtight container and refrigerate.