Author Notes: Of course you are legally allowed to steam, bake, coddle, blanch, microwave your eggs – that can be discussed later. But here, we are onwards to some key clues on how to boil eggs using just the basic stove. —Healthy Kitchen 101
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 15 min
medium chicken eggs
- Put fresh eggs in a large bowl of ice water, make sure they are fully submerged. This very first step is aimed for easier egg’s shell peeling later. Fish them out after 5 minutes.
- Carefully place these eggs in a pot. Fill them out with water and bring to a full boil. There’s no need to put the lid on.
- Turn off the cooker right after boiling and hit start on the timer.
- Note down these following numbers for each type of yolk’s solidity: Scoop them out one at a time in succession, based on the timing order above. A smartphone’s timer is all you need.
- Peel the whole eggs and cut in halves, or cut them in small pieces all you want for different purposes.