If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Of course you are legally allowed to steam, bake, coddle, blanch, microwave your eggs – that can be discussed later. But here, we are onwards to some key clues on how to boil eggs using just the basic stove. —Healthy Kitchen 101
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 15 min
medium chicken eggs
- Put fresh eggs in a large bowl of ice water, make sure they are fully submerged. This very first step is aimed for easier egg’s shell peeling later. Fish them out after 5 minutes.
- Carefully place these eggs in a pot. Fill them out with water and bring to a full boil. There’s no need to put the lid on.
- Turn off the cooker right after boiling and hit start on the timer.
- Note down these following numbers for each type of yolk’s solidity: Scoop them out one at a time in succession, based on the timing order above. A smartphone’s timer is all you need.
- Peel the whole eggs and cut in halves, or cut them in small pieces all you want for different purposes.