Author Notes: A simple, filling recipe with only a few ingredients! —Through The Kitchen
Makes: 4 tostadas
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 50 min
large sweet potato
tablespoon olive oil + 1 additional teaspoon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and set out a baking sheet with foil.
- Peel and chop the sweet potato and chop into ~1 inch pieces. Transfer the sweet potatoes to a mixing bowl and coat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Roast for 20 minutes and then rotate the pan to bake for another 20 minutes.
- While the sweet potatoes roast, chop the broccolini (I get rid of the steps) into bit sized pieces. Transfer the broccolini to the same mixing bowl and coat with 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- After the sweet potatoes have been baking for a total of 40 minutes, add the broccolini to the pan, and roast for another 10 minutes. For these last ten minutes, add your corn tortillas to the oven as well (you can lay them bare on the oven rack for the ultimate crispiness).
- Remove the potato and broccolini mixture from the oven along with the tortillas after 10 minutes.
- Spread avocado onto each tortilla, and top with the mixture. Add hot sauce, salt and pepper to taste!