Author Notes: From Jodi Moreno’s More with Less Cookbook: “Since I prefer to reach for savory things when I want a snack, I keep this mix around (in lieu of, say, granola), so that I have something crunchy, nutritious, and satisfying to munch on when the mood strikes. This easy-to-make mix also serves as a wonderful topping for soups, salads, or even roasted vegetables." —Food52
Food52 Review: Featured in: Give Your Lentils a Roasty, Toasty, Snackity Life —The Editors
Makes: 1 1/2 cups
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
cup cooked black or green lentils
cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
teaspoon hot paprika
teaspoon garlic powder
teaspoon sea salt
Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Put the lentils and pepitas on a baking sheet, add the olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste, and toss to coat. Spread them out evenly on the baking sheet.
- Roast for 10 minutes, give them a shake and stir, and roast for another 10 minutes, or until everything is crunchy and crispy.
- Enjoy warm out of the oven, or transfer to an airtight container, where it will keep on the counter for about 2 weeks.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!