If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: From Jodi Moreno’s More with Less Cookbook: “Since I prefer to reach for savory things when I want a snack, I keep this mix around (in lieu of, say, granola), so that I have something crunchy, nutritious, and satisfying to munch on when the mood strikes. This easy-to-make mix also serves as a wonderful topping for soups, salads, or even roasted vegetables." —Food52
Food52 Review: Featured in: Give Your Lentils a Roasty, Toasty, Snackity Life —The Editors
Makes: 1 1/2 cups
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
cup cooked black or green lentils
cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
teaspoon hot paprika
teaspoon garlic powder
teaspoon sea salt
Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Put the lentils and pepitas on a baking sheet, add the olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste, and toss to coat. Spread them out evenly on the baking sheet.
- Roast for 10 minutes, give them a shake and stir, and roast for another 10 minutes, or until everything is crunchy and crispy.
- Enjoy warm out of the oven, or transfer to an airtight container, where it will keep on the counter for about 2 weeks.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!