Author Notes: Sweet and salty, all in one juicy bite! —Alexa Federico
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 15 min
tablespoons fresh basil (sliced into strips)
teaspoons balsamic vinegar
teaspoon sea salt
- Cut the pineapple by slicing off the two ends then shave off the skin until just the flesh is left. Cut into quarters lengthwise and place in a 1/2 gallon Stasher bag or place in a deep dish or bowl.
- Mince the garlic and cut the basil into thin strips and add to the container.
- Add the honey, balsamic vinegar, and sea salt. Make sure the pineapple is covered by all the ingredients by shaking the bag closed or using a basting and pastry brush. Let marinate in the refrigerator for at least an hour. Save the marinade that is left in the bag!
- Set the grill to medium-high. Once hot, add the quarters of pineapple for about 5-7 minutes and then flip for another 5-7 minutes. Once there are grill marks, that’s a sign you can flip the pineapple.
- When done, cut each piece of pineapple into 3-5 smaller chunks.
- If needed, cut the slices of prosciutto in half lengthwise (what I did), wrap each strip around a piece of pineapple, and stick on the skewer.
- Arrange on a plate and drizzle the leftover marinade before enjoying.