If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I had been gifted a bunch of kale and wanted to make a salad to bring to a pizza dinner. After finding a few recipes online I just decided to wing it. I will update this the next time I make it!
No salt or additional dressing needed. —Sadassa_Ulna
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 5 min
lemons, one zested, both juiced
bunch curly kale
ounces bacon, pancetta, or giuncarle
tablespoons olive oil
stalks celery, sliced thinly on the diagonal
head lettuce, rinsed, dried, and torn
- Remove the central rib from each kale leaf and slice into small pieces; place in medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, add the zest of one lemon to the juice of two lemons. Pour this over the kale.
- Massage kale between fingertips. If you need to get out any aggressions and/or dislike fibrous kale, then really go to town and wring the kale out in your fists. Once it looks a little soft and bright green, set kale aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a very large pan. Saute the diced bacon until just starting to get golden; add the celery and saute an additional minute. The celery should be bright and still a little crisp. Add the kale and turn off heat.
- Place kale/bacon mixture in a salad bowl. Chop apple (reserve half of it for another purpose). Add salad greens and apple. Toss just before serving.
- NOTE: this might be good with fresh thyme and/or black pepper....