If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Corn, when grilled like this, gets chewy and inexplicably sweeter. Basil adds a floral note. But the real clincher is the masochistic drizzle of ranch dressing (especially Hidden "Vale/Dell/Glen/Geologic Window"), which picks everything up and works surprisingly well with the cheesy corn. —Eric Kim
Food52 Review: Featured in: The Cheesy Corn & Ranch Pizza My Cousins in Korea Can't Get Enough Of. —The Editors
Makes: 4 individual pizzas
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 15 min
pounds store-bought pizza dough, divided into 4 balls
tablespoons olive oil
tablespoons bottled ranch dressing, especially Hidden Valley, plus more for drizzling at the end
ounces shredded mozzarella
cobs fresh corn, kernels cut off
handful fresh basil leaves, torn with your hands
handful ricotta salata or crumbled feta, optional
- Heat a grill over medium-high heat.
- Roll out each ball of pizza dough into about 8-inch rounds. (I like to do this with my hands, holding the dough by the edges and letting it hang down, i.e. letting gravity do the work, rotating and stretching until thin all the way around.) For each round, brush both sides lightly with the olive oil. Par-cook on the grill, about 60 seconds per side.
- Top with (in this order): a thin layer of ranch dressing (about 1 tablespoon each), mozzarella, and then corn. Grill again, covered, until the cheese is melted and the dough is cooked through.
- Off the grill, garnish with the fresh basil, ricotta salata, and a zig-zag drizzle of ranch.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!