Author Notes: The incredible 2-ingredient glaze makes this chicken sweet, salty, sticky and dangerously addictive. —Grant Melton
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 30 min
teaspoon black pepper
tablespoons soy sauce
Toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
Scallions, for garnish
Lime wedges, for serving
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
- In a bowl or plastic bag, toss the chicken legs with about a tablespoon of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, using a fork, mix together the molasses and soy sauce. Set aside.
- Place the chicken legs onto the grill and cook for about 12 minutes or until the legs get nice grill marks, flipping them halfway through. Once you’ve got nice grill marks on both sides, turn the grill heat down the low (or, if using a charcoal grill, put over indirect heat) and cook for 12 minutes more, basting the chicken legs with the molasses-soy mixture every 2 minutes. Once the chicken is cooked through and covered in the sticky sauce, remove from the grill and onto a serving platter.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and chopped scallions. Serve with lime wedges.