If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a simple and quick side dish that adds a great shot of color to the table and the plate. The sweetness of beets and the tart cranberries is a flavor combination that I love and for me, it is a great showcase of autumnal ingredients. - M. Andrew Gordon —M. Andrew Gordon
Food52 Review: Sweet beets and tangy cranberries make this light and refreshing salad a perfect side dish. The grated beets have a nice texture and color and the pecans add a crunch to every bite. Could be served warm or cold. - Jennifer —The Editors
- 3 medium beets, peeled
- 1 cup cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 2 teaspoons turbinado sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1. Preheat oven to 400° F. Using a box grater or the shredding attachment to a food processor, coarsely shred beets. If using, fit processor with blade and combine cranberries and turbinado sugar. Pulse several times to coarsely chop. Alternately, use knife to chop cranberries and combine with sugar in a bowl.
- Melt butter in a cast iron or other oven-safe skillet. Over medium heat, add beets, cranberries, maple syrup, salt, and pepper and stir to combine. Cook for several minutes, undisturbed, until beets begin to soften. Sprinkle chopped pecans over the top.
- Place skillet in oven and roast for 20 minutes or until the pecans start to brown.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegetarian Holiday Side