If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Someone brought me a side dish similar to this years ago, so I picked it apart, added new things until I liked what I ended up with. My husband who swears he hates all types of squash loves it. —Gracie
Serves 8 or more
- 4 cups Cubed, Butternut Squash
- 3/4 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/4 cup Red Wine (can use water)
- 2 Medium Sweet Yellow Onions
- 3 Heads of garlic
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Chopped Oregano (can used dried)
- 2 sprigs Rosemary
- pinches Salt & Pepper
- Pour wine over cranberries, microwave for 30 seconds and let them sit until you assemble the rest of the ingredients.
- Peel and dice butternut into to "quarter" sized chunks
- Peel onions, cut into quarters then in half again, separate into pieces
- Peel garlic gloves and leave them whole (cut very large cloves in half or about same size as squash pieces)
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. add olive oil and herbs
- Drain cranberries and add to mix, and toss well
- Pour into a retangular glass baking dish and pour the wine the cranberries soaking in over the top
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 1 hour, 10 min. Check the squash every 20 minutes or so and adjust time to suit your preference of firm or soft squash.
- Add salt and pepper to taste at the table. Also, a sprinkle of sugar or splenda brightens things up if you like a sweeter dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegetarian Holiday Side