Author Notes: These Chipotle Chickpea Tacos are everything you want in a taco - meaty, spicy, smoky and a freaking flavor bomb! Five ingredients, ready in less than 15 minutes, and absolutely delicious. —Shane Martin
Makes: 3 tacos
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 10 min
15 ounce can low-sodium chickpeas
tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce or tamari
teaspoons chipotle chili powder
teaspoon garlic powder
teaspoon onion powder
- Heat nonstick skillet over medium to medium high heat.
- While pan is heating, drain and rinse chickpeas.
- Once the pan is ready, add chickpeas and cook for about a minute.
- Add remaining ingredients making sure to mix well to cover chickpeas. Cook until moisture has disappeared from the pan, usually a couple minutes.
- Divide the chickpeas between 3 tacos, top as desired and serve. My favorite is just guacamole and cilantro.
- Top with guacamole and cilantro. Enjoy!