Author Notes: This fudgy brownie uses only the cleanest ingredients. Chestnuts add some nuttiness while and chocolate makes for an amazing base.
To make the chestnut puree: steam the chestnuts and then puree in a food processor with a bit of water until a paste like almond butter forms. —Melissa Huang
Makes: 2 small brownies
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 30 min
ounces Eating Evolved dark chocolate
tablespoon cocoa powder
tablespoons oat flour
pinch of baking soda
pinch of salt
tablespoon pure maple syrup
cup chestnut puree (instructions in description)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a ramekin or a pan of similar size.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave on 30 second intervals (check and stir in between each time)
- Add all the ingredients into the chocolate and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the chestnuts with maple syrup. Mix until a paste forms.
- Place brownie batter into prepared ramekin and then use a toothpick or fork to swirl the chestnut paste in on top.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until a toothpick comes out relatively clean.
- Allow to cool slightly before enjoying! You can just eat it straight from the ramekin. 🙂