If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When I don’t want to cook, I cook pasta. Specifically, this pasta, with my favorite ingredients. We used spaghetti here—a shoutout to traditional aglio e olio—but use whatever you have around, be it curly cavatappi or whole-wheat penne. If it’s smothered with anchovies and olive oil, it’ll be (kisses fingertips) great. —Emma Laperruque
Food52 Review: Featured in: The Pantry Pasta Formula for No-Time-to-Cook Nights —The Editors
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 10 min
tablespoons kosher salt, plus more to taste
bunch parsley leaves, chopped (about 1 3/4 cups)
cup chopped oil-cured olives
tablespoons olive oil
(2-ounce) tin anchovies, drained of oil and minced into oblivion
tablespoons drained capers, roughly chopped
big garlic cloves (or 3 small), peeled and minced
teaspoon red pepper flakes
cup grated parmesan (or pecorino)
- Set a big pot of water on the stove over high heat to come to a boil. When it does, add the salt.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Combine the parsley, olives, olive oil, anchovies, capers, garlic, and red pepper flakes in a big bowl.
- When the water is boiling, add the pasta. Cook until al dente (I like to start tasting noodles after 8 minutes). Use tongs to transfer the pasta to the bowl with the sauce. Toss. Season with salt to taste (you probably won’t need it, but always good to check).
- Serve with the cheese alongside for everyone to sprinkle on top.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!