Author Notes: This is not your average mashed sweet potatoes! For someone who doesn't know what is in it, it's difficult to pin what the flavor is. The pear brings something fresh and new to the taste and texture of the sweet potato. Try it, it's delicious! —caramiller
large, firm Bartlett pears (peeled and cut into 1/3" slices)
cup pear nectar
teaspoon ground cardamon
- Bake potatoes in a 400 degree oven until soft
- Melt the butter in saute pan. Add pears and soften, 5 min.
- Add nectar and let simmer on med/low heat covered. Of necessary, add more nectar. Simmer another 4-5 minutes.
- Puree the pears and transfer into large bowl.
- Scrape out the potatoes and add to the pears along with the rest of ingredients.
- Yummy! Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegetarian Holiday Side