Soft and chewy cookies (thanks to the addition of mascarpone cheese and milk powder), perfect for any cookie-dough addict.
Soft and chewy cookies (thanks to the addition of mascarpone cheese and milk powder), perfect for any cookie-dough addict.—Chanel
Prep time: 3 hrs
Cook time: 10 min
tablespoons butter, softened
cup mascarpone cheese, softened
cup dark brown sugar, packed
cup granulated sugar
cups flour, all-purpose
tablespoons milkpowder, any kind
teaspoon baking soda
cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (I like to use half regular, half mini)
- Cream together butter, mascarpone and sugars for about 5 minutes on medium-high speed with a stand or hand-held mixer. Add your egg and vanilla, and beat together for another minute or so until light and fluffy.
- Combine all your dry ingredients in a separate bowl and whisk together. Add dry goods to your butter mixture (in about 2 batches) and beat until just combined, about a minute.
- Add your chocolate chips and mix until evenly incorporated.
- Roll your dough into two separate logs, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours. You can also scoop dough directly onto your baking sheets lined with parchment or a silpat, cover with plastic and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 F.
- If you rolled your cookie dough into logs, simply remove plastic wrap and slice your dough with a butter knife, making thick half-inch slices. Place dough rounds onto your baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Let sit and cool completely on baking sheet, because the cookies will be super soft when they first come out. Enjoy! Cookies last up to a week stored in an air-tight container.