Author Notes: My take on a Waldorf Salad using Gala and Honeycrisp from my favorite apple orchard. It's a fall favorite!🍏 —BerryBaby
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 1 hrs
cups Gala apples (about 3-4 medium apples)
cups Honeycrisp apples (2 large or 3 medium apples)
cup Fresh lemon juice
cup Red seedless grapes
cup Toasted pecans
teaspoon Celery seed
teaspoon Sea salt
teaspoon Fresh cracked black pepper
cup Olive oil mayonnaise
- Wash, dry, core, apples. Dice into one in pieces (skin on). Toss with lemon juice.
- Wash and slice celery, including leaves, into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Toast pecans 350 degrees about 5 minutes. Cool and roughly chop.
- Wash and cut grapes in half lengthwise.
- Toss apples, celery, pecans, grapes, celery seed, salt and pepper.
- Add mayonnaise and gently fold into apple salad mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least an hour before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe With Apples