Author Notes: Why buy store-bought chutney, when you can just as easily make this sweet-and-tangy version from scratch? All you need are cranberries, canned tomatoes, sugar, ginger, and a dash of vinegar to balance out the sweetness. Make it a few days ahead of your holiday party, and serve alongside your favorite cheese and charcuterie for an impressive, fuss-free appetizer. —Food52
Food52 Review: This recipe was shared in partnership with Muir Glen. —The Editors
Makes: 1 batch
Cook time: 25 min
cups fresh cranberries
cup dried cranberries
can Muir Glen Organic Heirloom Brandywine Diced Tomatoes
tablespoons apple cider vinegar
teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- In a medium pan, combine all of the ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, turn the heat down to low and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until the dried cranberries are soft.
- Let the chutney cool, then refrigerate until serving time.
- Serve with assorted cheese and charcuterie.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!