Author Notes: A new, gourmet twist on grilled cheese. Start off with sliced bread, seasoned zucchini, sliced tomatoes and red onions, fresh basil, and creamy goat cheese. Then grill to perfection. —Dash of Amy
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 10 min
zucchini, cut in thin slices the long way
small red onion, sliced thin
ounces garlic & herb goat cheese
basil leaves, torn
teaspoon black pepper
tablespoons olive oil
teaspoons balsamic glaze
sliced bread of your choice
- Cut both ends off the zucchini, and cut in thin slices the long way.
- Place sliced zucchini in a dish big enough to marinate them. Drizzle with 2 tsp olive oil, 2 tsp balsamic glaze, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/8 tsp pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, add 1 tsp olive oil, and the zucchini.
- Cook for about 1 minute on each side until fork tender.
- To assemble the paninis, spread mayonnaise on one piece of bread.
- Top with the zucchini, then tomato slices, red onions, and torn basil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- On the other piece of bread, spread the goat cheese generously.
- Put the sandwich together, and place in a heated skillet with 1-2 tsp of olive oil.
- Cook until golden and crispy, then flip until golden on both sides adding more oil if necessary.
- Cut in half, and serve immediately.
- WATCH ME MAKE THIS ON YOUTUBE: DASH OF AMY