- Prep time 45 minutes
- Cook time 1 hour
- Serves 8-12
I have searched high and low for YEARS for the best Lemon Tart Recipe. It all started with the Lemon Tarts at Starbucks. I was hooked, and even when they were a part of the regular Starbucks rotation, they were only around for two months per year. Then they quit making them all together and I HAD to figure out how to recreate that wonderfully sweet and puckeringly tart flavor! It took me forever, but here it is! It's a blend of two different recipes I found on Pinterest. For full credit see my original post at http://www.thehungrydater.com/best-ever-lemon-shortbread-tart/ —Molly
All Purpose Flour (I use Cup4Cup because I'm gluten free and it works great)
- Lemon Curd
Juice of 3 Lemons
- Lightly spray or butter a tart pan.
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Put all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until the butter is chopped into what looks like corn meal.
- Pour ingredients into the tart pan; press it into the pan so it is dense and evenly distributed.
- Place in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Lemon Curd
- Reduce heat in oven to 350.
- Whisk together Eggs, Juice, and Sugar.
- Place mixture over low heat. (Most people do this in a double boiler, I use Belgique pans.)
- Whisk constantly and slowly turn up heat. Be careful not to curdle or overcook the eggs, but continue whisking until the consistency is thick.
- Once the consistency is right, add the butter and stir in until melted.
- Pour lemon curd into the baked crust and settle it so it's level and even.
- Put whole tart back in oven and bake for between 10-20 minutes or until the curd stiffens.
- Remove from Oven and cool on rack; Place in refrigerator for at least one hour.