Author Notes: Calling all chocoholics – National Chocolate Day is coming up on October 28, and Foxwoods Resort Casino is celebrating by sharing a delectable truffle recipe courtesy of Executive Pastry Chef Franck Iglesias.
Ideal for indulging your wildest chocolate cravings, Chef Franck’s Raspberry Balsamic Ganache Truffles can be replicated at home and are guaranteed to impress! Trust us, your friends and family won't believe their eyes when they see these gorgeous treats!
—Foxwoods Resort Casino
Prep time: 45 min
Cook time: 1 hrs
ounces Culinary Traditions Red Raspberry Puree, thawed
ounce Balsamic Vinegar
ounces Dark Chocolate Couverture, Chopped
ounces Heavy Cream
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- In a stainless steel pot, bring heavy cream, raspberry puree and Balsamic vinegar to a boil.
- Place the chopped couverture in a heat-safe bowl over the pot; stir occasionally as chocolate begins to melt.
- Allow cream mixture to boil for a full minute, then pour over the melted couverture.
- Allow to rest for about 30 seconds, then whisk until all the chocolate has melted.
- Place the bowl in a cooler, stirring every fifteen minutes until it begins to set.
- Next, place the bowl in an ice bath to bring the temperature below 41°F for later use.
- Pipe or scoop the ganache to create small truffle-sized balls. Let sit overnight.
- To finish, roll the truffles in melted dark chocolate and lightly dust with unsweetened cocoa powder or colored white chocolate, as preferred.