Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 15 min
cups Medjool dates, pitted and roughly chopped
cup natural peanut butter
cup plant-based protein powder
cup dark chocolate chunks
teaspoon coconut oil
dash sea salt, for garnish
In This Recipe
- Line a baking sheet or large tray with parchment paper.
- Toss the dates and peanut butter (or any nut butter you choose) into a blender and pulse to combine.
- Add the protein powder, 1/4 cup at a time and continue pulsing to combine everything. You may need to periodically scrape down the sides of the blender to re-incorporate any powder or chunks.
- When the dough is sticky enough to hold itself together, roll it into golfball-sized portions and then flatten into 1/2"-1" thick discs (it should make about 16). Place these on the baking sheet/large tray and refrigerate while you prepare the chocolate drizzle.
- Microwave the chocolate chunks and coconut oil at 30-second intervals until completely melted. Take the sheet/tray out of the fridge and drizzle a spoonful of the melted chocolate over the top of each bite. Sprinkle each with just a touch of sea salt and refrigerate again until the chocolate drizzle is solidified.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
- Take a bite and enjoy!