Author Notes: 1) This needs to be prepared the day before use so that it can spend the night in the fridge, where the magic happens.
2) This is no time to break out the artisan greens - this is a heavy dressing, so just chop up a head of iceberg lettuce and tell your inner food snob to shut it's piehole.
3) It makes a lot, so it works well for both family get-togethers and potlucks where you get stuck "only" bringing a salad. —melindaloomis
Prep time: 1 hrs
64-ounce jar of Best Foods Mayonnaise
Bottle of Heinz Chili Sauce (it only comes in one size)
bunches Green onions, chopped (use some of the greens)
Hard-boiled eggs, chopped
Juice of 1 lemon
tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar (can use regular vinegar as well)
Salt & pepper to taste
- Combine mayonnaise and chili sauce in a large bowl. Mix well. Don't panic - it will look awful at this stage. It will get better.
- Add in all other ingredients and mix well. Looks better already, doesn't it?
- Cover securely and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve over iceberg lettuce. If you would like to add other toppings (tomatoes, cukes, croutons, etc.) this is the time to do it, but in our family we never needed anything more than the dressing. It can easily stand on its own.